My name is Nicholas Lim. I'm a professional concept designer available for freelance or full-time work on concept art and illustrations. Contact me via notes or email:
email@example.com Lightning Chief Space Fighter
by Magnum117Space Combat - Fighter PoV
by Magnum117HIVE Inc. HQ Assault
by Magnum117'Wasp' Synchcopter Gunship
by Magnum117Return from Battle
by Magnum117'Brutal' Jaguar Warrior
Concepts and illustrations for vehicles, props, characters, creatures, environments. Explanatory callout sheets, orthographic diagrams, production paintings, material reference, UI rough layouts, mood boards, storyboards.
I work only if there is a legal binding contract which is decided after negotiating rates, work duration, deliverables, image formats, and other important details. Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) may also be signed.
If my work is to be used elsewhere (e.g. promotional and marketing purposes), please make mention of it, as it shall affect the rates.
I commence work after receiving a portion (usually half the total amount for the job) of the fee. I will attach a watermark on each in-progress image where appropriate or send a low resolution file for each milestone.
Revisions and changes during the concept phase can be done up to certain amount. There is no room for endless revisions.
Potential clients will need to carefully but quickly approve each milestone before progressing to the next stage. Communication is key.
- Client brief overview and negotiations.
- Thumbnails and sketches.
- Refined thumbnails or exploring a new direction.
- More feedback, precursor to final work.
- Final work/ design. Very minor changes can be requested.
*Terms and Conditions
- Client brief should be as clear and precise as possible, written in English.
- Quicker feedback response will allow for quicker progression.
- I will notify clients of any delays/ complications early.
- My work must be credited but under license/ copyright of the client.
- I am allowed to display work in my portfolio with credit to the commercial owner. NDA's will affect this term, of course.
- Once the first transaction comes through, I shall begin work.
- The final transaction comes after the final milestone, at which the job is concluded.
- Completed files can be sent via email, but larger files can be sent via Dropbox or a file transfer service of the client's choosing.
- If I am unable to complete the job, I shall notify the client and finalise any pending transactions before the conclusion.
- I charge in United States Dollars (USD).
- PayPal, bank transfer preferred. Subject to negotiation.
- Payment is broken down into several milestones according to project.
- No refunds.
Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Maya, Fusion 360, Keyshot.